Crystal M. Newby, M.D.
Specializing in: Obstetrics and Gynecology
Locations: Quivira, Metcalf and Lenexa
- Undergraduate Degree: Southwest Missouri State, Springfield, Mo.
- Medical Degree: University of Missouri-Kansas City
- Residency: Truman Medical Center, Kansas City, Mo. (Obstetrics and Gynecology)
- Board Certification: American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology
- American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists
- Kansas City Gynecological Society
- Kansas Medical Society
- Overland Park Regional Medical Center, chair of Obstetrics/Gynecology Department 2009-2011; vice chair 2007-2009
- Saint Luke's South Hospital
- State of Kansas
About Dr. Newby
It was a natural progression for Crystal Newby, M.D., to move from excelling in college science courses to entering medical school. Because of her love for science, in her first year of college, she investigated the medical field and it proved to be a perfect fit for her. Women's health in particular interested her. She chose obstetrics and gynecology as a specialty because of the one-on-one intimate contact between herself and her patients.
Today, Dr. Newby loves the challenge of diagnosing a patient's problem and developing a treatment plan. With so much more information at her disposal, Dr. Newby takes the time to explain different therapies and options available to her patients. She says, "I offer reasonable choices to each patient and provide them with the information they need to make a good choice. The patient ultimately chooses her own course of treatment from the options presented to her,” Dr. Newby says.
Dr. Newby’s greatest reward in practicing medicine is patient satisfaction. When a patient books a return appointment or lets others know about her in the form of a referral, it is an affirmation that Kansas City Women’s Clinic is making a positive impact. “When patients leave my office, I hope they feel I have addressed their concerns. I want to give the best quality of care to every patient I see.”
Dr. Newby married her high school sweetheart just before she started medical school. They now have three children who love living near their grandparents in Kansas City. She enjoys family gatherings, reading, biking and running.